Windows 7 Random BSOD and a couple of issues

ploneal78

So I just installed 2 nites ago. Last night I sit down to setup everything, I download FF, and xbmc, but during the download I get a bsod. I dont think anything of it, but as soon as I get back in and install those two programs, it happens again. I found the minidump file and copied it:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 109
BCP1: A3A039D895B97695
BCP2: B3B7465EE83648C3
BCP3: FFFFF80001D86428
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110309-22214-01.dmp
C:\Users\oneal\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1279957-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The next issue I have is that everytime I go to my addons in FF as soon as I click on Preferences on an extention, it freezes. Only the add on screen. I can still navigate normally other than that.

Issue three is an irritant. I use my Sony Bravia 40" as a monitor (my rigg is used as a media machine hence xbmc) but I cant get my sound to go through the hdmi out. I currently have some old dell speakers that I have been using, but I would like the ability to control the volume from the remote.

Thanks

Rick

alright. I have solved the sound and the FF issues. I have reflashed the bios in hopes of fixing the bsod issue. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION??? I am at my wits end here. I use this pc as a media pc. If I cant resolve this I will have to go back to Ubuntu, where people actually suggest fixes. I have sifted through thread after thread of possibilities to no avail. I have tried 3 different antivirus programs on the off chance. Can someone help me out?

heya sorry i see this is already seven days old with no replies :redface:

I have some problems understanding you at the moment so could you explain in simple terms what FF, and xbmc are ?

can you please also zip and upload your minidump files which should be in C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

also what's your hardware setup and basic software environment ?

Are you confident all of your devices have the latest drivers installed ?

Back