Windows 8 Random BSODs for weeks upon end Probably caused by a device driver

Jamil Jr

I've been getting random BSOD's ever since I've downloaded a windows update for a few months back.

I've upload everything asked in How To Ask For Help With BSOD forum.

I have a feeling it's a driver that's making it crash but can't figure out which one. I don't have Avast Anti virus installed which seems to be the answer for some people out there that was having similar problems.

I have the latest windows 8 updates and I've updated my Bios with the latest.

Attachments

• W7F_20-11-2012.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,183
The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

All your dumps are of the above blaming Ndis.sys as the fault. Please update your network drivers. Your bios is old. I know you say you updated but this dump is dated from Monday (yesterday)
BiosVersion = 3401
BiosReleaseDate = 05/20/2010

Please update:
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A78TE/#download

Also update your setpoint drivers Support + Downloads: SetPoint - Logitech and for this period of testing uninstall the asus probe app.

Failing the above do you know which update caused the issue? Have you tried restoring the system back to a point before the download?

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

All your dumps are of the above blaming Ndis.sys as the fault. Please update your network drivers. Your bios is old. I know you say you updated but this dump is dated from Monday (yesterday)
BiosVersion = 3401
BiosReleaseDate = 05/20/2010

Please update:
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M4A78T-E

Also update your setpoint drivers Support + Downloads: SetPoint - Logitech and for this period of testing uninstall the asus probe app.

Failing the above do you know which update caused the issue? Have you tried restoring the system back to a point before the download?

I have the latest version BIOS : 3503

I've just updated setpoint drivers and I've uninstalled asus probe.

I can't restore back to previous build because no restore points where created even thou I have set it up for every windows 8 update.

I'm still having random crashes when windows desktop is loading up.

Hi,

Please update these drivers:

viahduaa.sys Fri Dec 19 03:42:58 2008: Via HD audio drivers can be found here:
VIA Drivers Download - VIA Technologies, Inc.

adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 21:52:37 2008: Adobe

Adobe

PxHlpa64.sys Mon Dec 10 23:49:01 2007: This driver belongs to a cd/dvd program please remove whilst testing.

snapman.sys Mon Oct 19 11:29:56 2009: This belongs to either acronis or Seagate again update if possible.

npf.sys Fri Jun 25 17:50:58 2010: This relates to a usb wifi or internet device? Could be a possible suspect with your crashes.

Failing the above please run system file checker. Right click cmd prompt and run as admin. Type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and await results.

Could you also post the latest dmp files too? Thank you..

Hi,

Please update these drivers:

viahduaa.sys Fri Dec 19 03:42:58 2008: Via HD audio drivers can be found here:

adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 21:52:37 2008: Adobe

Adobe

PxHlpa64.sys Mon Dec 10 23:49:01 2007: This driver belongs to a cd/dvd program please remove whilst testing.

snapman.sys Mon Oct 19 11:29:56 2009: This belongs to either acronis or Seagate again update if possible.

npf.sys Fri Jun 25 17:50:58 2010: This relates to a usb wifi or internet device? Could be a possible suspect with your crashes.

Failing the above please run system file checker. Right click cmd prompt and run as admin. Type:

sfc /scannow

Could you also post the latest dmp files too? Thank you..

I tried to update the HD Audio "viahduaa.sys" but it came up with We can't find HD audio device and did not install.

How would I update the other drivers you suggested ?

The via drivers are here:

audio.jpg

npf.sys: This driver relates to a plug in usb modem device? Do you use or have used something like this? If so please remove any software that came with it. Also to remove software please read question one of this FAQ for WinPcap: (I'm thinking this is your issue but we'll see)

WinPcap · Frequently Asked Questions

Something else I forgot to mention.. Are you running Daemon Tools? If so please remove.

adfs.SYS: Adobe File System Driver- This relates to something like Adobe AIR or similar Adobe product, please remove.

sfc /scannow

Thank you so much Everything has been fine now.

I removed this file : WinPcap and everything has been fine since ....

Thank you . :nevreness:

Back