Windows 10 Random BSODs, freezes and unexpected shutdowns.

Zyzz

Hi everyone,
I've been having a huge issue lately with my computer. At random times (for instance while playing League of Legends or just browsing the web) my computer will either BSOD, freeze or just shutdown and reboot. This has been happening for the past month or two but I only have 5 dump files to provide you guys with.
If you could give me a hand, that would be great, the dump files are attached to the thread.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 021116-13765-01.dmp
    331.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 030516-14343-01.dmp
    334.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 031216-14312-01.dmp
    313.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 031216-15203-01.dmp
    316.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 031216-17171-01.dmp
    329.5 KB · Views: 333
And here are the files from the diagnostic tool.

Attachments

• W7F.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 293
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {50, 2, 0, fffff803a183a7d1}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiZeroFault+211 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all your bugchecks were different with one dump file too corrupt to read. Most were like the above and possible causes can range from a driver , faulty system service or bios. It's also possible that memory may be at fault but testing will prove either way.

Looking through your drivers they seem fine apart from:

mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 10:34:07 2009: MagicISO SCSI Host Controller driver. This is a little old for Windows 10 and if you don't use it anymore please remove.

BiosVersion = P2.30
BiosReleaseDate = 01/13/2016
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASRock
BaseBoardProduct = 970 Extreme3 R2.0

You also have a Bios update for better PCIE compatibility:
ASRock > 970 Extreme3 R2.0

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

See how you go on with the above. If nothing comes from the above we'll go on to do other things, post any new dump files.

Hi,
wow that's way too hot for an AMD chip. They usually dislike anything over 65c (approx).

Which actual chip are you using?

Also what cooling are you using?

If it's the cooler that came with the chip then they really are not adequate and should ideally be replaced with a 3rd party affair.

Have you checked inside the machine for dust build up?

Back