Windows 7 Random Internet Disconnections?

MaxG

I have a w7 Desktop and I use google chrome for my internet browsing.

The problem that I have is sometimes randomly, my wireless disconnects. The w7 pc is not connected to the router through a wire though, because another pc in my home is already. And when it disconnects, the wireless icon remains with bars but i can't reach any sites on my pc. And also after a few seconds of disconnection, the yellow triangle with an exclamation pops up on the icon for a few seconds and dissapears. I've tried a lot of things but it still hasn't been fixed. Will someone help me?

You can try this:

1. Go to the start menu.
2. Right click on My Computer and click manage and go to Device manager.
3. Then when the device manager is pulled look for "Network Adapters" then click the "+" by it so it shows all of your adapters.
4. Double click the network adapter.
5. Find the tab that says "power management" at the top and go to it.
6. Make sure all the checkboxes under "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" are UNchecked.
7. Click OK.

p.s. After you do this, go again to the power management tab to make sure they are still unchecked. If something got tuned back on, CHECK all of them and click OK. Then go back and UNcheck the last one and click OK. Then keep unchecking one at a time (bottom to top) while clicking OK each time. At the end, they should all stay unchecked.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You can also try start and type cmd run as administrator and ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew in the command prompt.

Back