Windows 7 Random restarts. No Bsod or warning.

Kylep99

Over the past couple of weeks, my pc has randomly started restarting with no bsod or message when the computer reboots as to why it restarted.

The timings of the restarts are completely random. Sometimes it will restart 10 minutes after powering while I'm just browsing the internet. Other times my computer will run for a few hours and then restart. Today it has restarted twice in the past few hours while yesterday, it didn't restart at all.
It's not a kernel-power 41 error as far as I can tell as I can't see that error on the event viewer for recent dates.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Is it Blue Screening? If so, look at the BSOD forum and check the Sticky about How to ask for help.

Could it be getting hot?

Power Supply problems? Maybe change where the unit is plugged in?

Loose Connections?

Is it Blue Screening? If so, look at the BSOD forum and check the Sticky about How to ask for help.

Could it be getting hot?

Power Supply problems? Maybe change where the unit is plugged in?

Loose Connections?

A blue screen doesn't appear. It restarts as if I've pressed the off button, with no warning and no message as to why it restarted.

Temperatures are as normal. It's not overheating.

I'm not entirely sure if it's not power supply problems. I've only got a 650w PSU with 3 hard drives and since installing the other 2 HDDs around 3/4 months ago, I always thought it would cause power problems but thought if any would arise it would be then and there. Not a few months down the line.

I'll buy a better PSU with more watts and see if it solves the problem. I was going to update the PSU in a month or two anyway.

Back
Top Bottom