Windows 7 Randoms disconnects with Windows 7

NBR

I've recently been having troubles with my internet ever since i have upgraded to Windows 7 32 bit (I believe)
The problem i have been experiencing random disconnects from my internet for around 2-5 secs. The disconnects can be anytime of the day and sometimes not happen at all for awhile but they come and go. After disconnecting it will automatically reconnect in a couple of seconds. This effects me while playing online video games, surfing the web, and voice communication.

I have a DLC-4500 N generation modem
Wireless

Please help ASAP this is frustrating. Also i have been reading on other forums people have been talking about looking at event viewer for errors I believe yet I can't translate what any of that means since I'm not that skilled with computers.
Thanks

Try unchecking IPv6 in the properties of your network adapter and try manually adding the ip address of your internet service providers DNS servers in the properties of IPv4, if you don't happen to know them you can try using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 these are Google's public DNS servers and seem to work ok for most folks.

So I tried using this quick fix and the problem still persists... any other suggestions you could offer me?

Let's try the exact manufacturer's name, model name, and any specific identifing numbers or version information on your router and NIC. And maybe while you're at it, you could take a few minutes and fill out your system specs just go to the top of this page and select settings and then on the left choose edit profile, that can help us also

sorry, NIC is Network Interface Card, or in other words your network adapter, much of this information can be obtained through "Device Manager" or simply typing "System Information" into the search box.

Maybe this will help some. Type system information into the search box after you've clicked the start Win7 orb, expand "Components" expand "Network" select "Adapter" go to "File" on the menu and choose export, save it to your desktop as Network.txt then if you would expand "Software Environment" select "Startup Programs" again choose file and export, save it to your desktop as StartUp.txt include them in your next post by choosing "Go Advanced" and use the paper clip attachment feature to upload them. The information about your router should be written on the outside of it, maybe on the side or bottom.

Indeed and thanks. Now can you tell me the manufacturer and model number of you mainboard and how much memory you have installed?

Judging by my motherboard directions (which I assume is Mainboard) its an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and 3g of RAM

I see three network adapters, a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter and D-Link Wireless N USB Adapter DWA-130, which one of these are we actually talking about and experiencing problems with currently.
The reason I ask is that, certain motherboards, with a certain amount of memory installed and the Marvell Yukon Chipset on the network adapter have been known to have problems in Windows 7. Just trying to cover all the bases.

I'm using the D-Link Wireless N USB Adapter DWA-130, however I do know that my motherboard has a remote option so it may be conflicting or something along those lines, not sure though...

That adapter is compatible with both Windows 7 32 and 64bit so you're ok there. You may try disabling any other adapters to resolve potential conflicts, I know if the ethernet wired adapter is integrated on the motherboard, you may have to go into the system bios and disable it in there. Not sure what you mean by remote option on motherboard, so I won't chase that. You still haven't provided any information about your wireless router that you're using, that may prove helpful if we could determine if that is also Win7 compatible.

Back