Windows 7 Razer Barracuda AC-1 & HP-1 with Windows 7 64bit - Audio rubbish compared to XP

meista

Good Morning
I hope you can help me - I own a Barracuda AC-1 as well as a HP-1 headset. I had this set up in Windows XP 32bit and got it working brilliantly - I love the combined clarity, comfort and bass (bzzzzzzzz).
However, I recently purchased Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. I installed it this weekend but I have been having trouble setting up the soundcard and headphones to get the same result as I get in Windows XP. I have installed the Windows 7 64bit (Compatible) driver. This time, however, there is no Barracuda AC-1 Control Panel (green and black screen) which normally allows me to make specific changes to the audio. I have only been able to select and test the speakers within Windows 7 Playback Devices. I have played with Quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1 settings and still have been unable to achieve the same result as achieved in Windows XP. In fact, if I play some music it only plays through the front two channels as I tested turning down the front channel volume on the headphone volume controller and this turned off all sound.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can achieve the same result as achived within XP where I have a AC-1 Control Panel (green and black screen) and achieve full sound through all channels.
Regards
Paul

Hi Mate

That was the driver I tried. After a bit of forum research, this was the much anticipated AC-1 Windows 7 driver everyone was waiting for.... and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, have other people been able to get full audio quality on thier Windows 7 installation

Back