Windows 7 Re-loading Windows7 from an Upgrade

PaulOregon

Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded my Sony Vaio laptop which came with Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. So far, so good. I downloaded the upgrade right from Microsoft.

Here's my question: if and when I decide to RELOAD Windows7 on my Vaio what process will I be looking at? Will Vista need to be reloaded first, or is there a way I can skip that and just load Windows7?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

I wondered if perhaps my question was clumsily worded. Let me try again.

I'm planning ahead for the inevitable time in the future when I may need to reformat my hard drive or (heaven forbid) get a new drive after a crash. (Life happens.) I was just wondering (ahead of time) what that process is going to look like since I installed Windows7 as an upgrade. Does that make it a little clearer?

I wondered if perhaps my question was clumsily worded. Let me try again.

I'm planning ahead for the inevitable time in the future when I may need to reformat my hard drive or (heaven forbid) get a new drive after a crash. (Life happens.) I was just wondering (ahead of time) what that process is going to look like since I installed Windows7 as an upgrade. Does that make it a little clearer?

If you have a backup you can avoid all of this nonsense. Generate one with Windows Backup or go premium with Paragon Backup & Recovery or Acronis. Don't wait until everything goes down. If you bought Windows 7 UPGRADE version, you are going to run into roadblocks during the install, and the valid, endorsed method of doing this upgrade is to install Vista first. You do not necessarly need to activate Vista to install Windows 7.

Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded my Sony Vaio laptop which came with Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. So far, so good. I downloaded the upgrade right from Microsoft.

Here's my question: if and when I decide to RELOAD Windows7 on my Vaio what process will I be looking at? Will Vista need to be reloaded first, or is there a way I can skip that and just load Windows7?l
I don't think anyone really knows.

I do think you should be assigned to report back if and when you do so. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom