RE : Sign In

davidhk129

This happened a few times already. So, I decide to post the issue here and see if I did something wrong or what I encountered was normal......

I signed in a moment ago and clicked at Alerts at top right corner next to my name, I got a box saying I must sign in first. But I was already signed in.
see screenshot:
Image%209.jpg

And then, I decided to post my question here, and once again I was told to sign in.
Do I have to sign in each time I login to a different forum, such as from Win 7 Support to Win 8 Support ?
It is inconvenient, not to mention irritating.

You shouldn't have to....since the merge of the forums we are still seeing a few glitches here and there. Try the F5 key or ctrl F5 key combo, this usually does the trick.

I certainly have not had the problem from the start.

Your are clicking "Stay logged in"? I don't know for sure if that would even make any difference, but worth a try.

You shouldn't have to....since the merge of the forums we are still seeing a few glitches here and there. Try the F5 key or ctrl F5 key combo, this usually does the trick.

Thank you.
This does not happen all the time, but often enough to become a nuisance.

I certainly have not had the problem from the start.

Your are clicking "Stay logged in"? I don't know for sure if that would even make any difference, but worth a try.

No I did not use the "stay logged in". But that is not the reason because I just signed back in without it and I did not have any problem this time.

As an experiment. A thought has occurred to me. Nice signature but it is large. I am wondering if the picture is interfering, and taking time loading, whilst you are shifting focus from, say, one post to another. Absurd, you may say, but anything goes with computers!

Do I have to sign in each time I login to a different forum, such as from Win 7 Support to Win 8 Support ?

No, of course not. That is the whole point of what we did.

The first, and most obvious question, would be what browser is this happening in?

Also, are you using the Facebook Connect function?

Have you tried clearing your cookies for this domain name? We have made a lot of changes in a very short period of time, so this may be a general bug that will go away once you refresh your browser. Thanks.

No, of course not. That is the whole point of what we did.

The first, and most obvious question, would be what browser is this happening in?

Also, are you using the Facebook Connect function?

Have you tried clearing your cookies for this domain name? We have made a lot of changes in a very short period of time, so this may be a general bug that will go away once you refresh your browser. Thanks.

Win 7 Home Premium SP1. IE10.
I use IE10 only, although I do have Chrome installed but it is my "standby" only.
No facebook connection. Don't trust facebook.
I run CCleaner once every 2 weeks. Last time was yesterday, Sunday.

As an experiment. A thought has occurred to me. Nice signature but it is large. I am wondering if the picture is interfering, and taking time loading, whilst you are shifting focus from, say, one post to another. Absurd, you may say, but anything goes with computers!

OK, if the issue reoccurs, I'll take off my signature.

Back
Top Bottom