Windows 7 ReadyBoost is working.....

djwayne

I've got ReadyBoost up and running on a 2 gig USB flash drive.

I'm not sure how it works or what it does, but it is working !!

Hello djwayne,

I tried it on a 4GB flash drive and then noticed two addition files on the USB flash drive totalling over 2GB is size. I'll never use that again.

Thanks for the links. The articles are a bit dated, and don't pertain to Windows 7. So this is why I wanted to explore ReadyBoost, to see if there's any improvement in my system. I've already have 4 gigs of memory in my system, and that's all I can use with my 32 bit version of W7. So if I can boost memory a little using ReadyBoost, or if nothing else add a little more stability to my system, then it'll be worth it. It's really no big deal as a 4 gig USB flash drive only costs around $ 7.00.

So far I'm not noticing any major change, but my computer is running very smooth.

Last edited:
Hi djwayne,

Yes, you're right they are a bit outdated, but even the Microsoft site is. Although there's no date on the page, it seems to me it was put up when Vista was first released.

After doing more research on it I do understand some benefits, but if you're using 2GB of or more, I personally don't think it's worth it.

Just my opinion

Hi djwayne,

Yes, you're right they are a bit outdated, but even the Microsoft site is. Although there's no date on the page, it seems to me it was put up when Vista was first released.

After doing more research on it I do understand some benefits, but if you're using 2GB of or more, I personally don't think it's worth it.

Just my opinion

Well from what I've read, using up to 4 gigs is recommended, over that is a waste. They say you should use between one and three times what ram memory you have. So I went with a 4 gig USB flash drive.

My opinion is, for some reason, the software engineers at Microsoft think ReadyBoost is a good idea, or else they wouldn't have included it in Vista and Windows 7. Who am I to question their wisdom ??

So this being a beta test, I want to try it out and see. Any tweak that improves my computer's performance is welcome. I don't know how I can rate any added performance, so I'll just keep it installed and see how well the computer runs. So far so good !!

Last edited:
On my Asus p5b-Plus [Vista Edition] motherboard I've simply enabled ASAP, not that I think that it makes that much of a difference. I think I may also add a flash drive to see if I can also enable Ready Boost.

Back
Top Bottom