Windows 7 Really like Windows 7

twincitybulldog

I have not had any problems with this operating system. From the download to burning a DVD and install, not a single problem. All the drivers were loaded properly. All the software I installed, no problem.
I remember the days when it took hours finding drivers for hardware and installing operating systems and software. Setting up a network was a nightmare.
We have come a long way baby.
This is the best OP System I have seen.

I completely agree with both of you.. definitely the best OS going!! :) And as loathe said, it's only going to get better from here! ;)

WOW - far from the best OS in the world LMAO>>>I find Win7 to act/react the same as Vista. While there has been some work done in the 'footprint' area it's not nearly enough to impress a power user. Win7 still hogs too much video ram and requires 1 gig of system memory but any end-user will want 2+ gig installed. It does utilize networking better than Vista, has eased up slightly in the CPU usage range than Vista but when I'm using Media Center for video viewing/editing the power demands are still quite high. Encoding/editing video/audio is still a cpu hog and a time consuming process as it is in Vista(Ubuntu wins hands down).
A simple port scan revealed the same open ports as in vista - any attempt to even close a few of them results in lost tcp/ip connectivity or "access denied" - thanks Micro$oft! There a many more services running than Vista - there is a dude researching them - will update soon.
Still loaded with DRM - Boo!
Still requires proprietary software - another Boo!
The worst of all it still has that crappy registry - huge Boo!
IE8 is another resource hog not to mention very pouris..
I continue to pound on Win7 and will display more indepth results....

Windows 7 vs days of old.

I'm certainly not a power user anymore. I am a old burned out electronics person, but I have found that the Windows 7 OS is user friendly and requires very little skill to install and maintain.
I go back to the DOS days of computers, and earlier, and I can tell you that when you can download, burn an ISO DVD and install the OS in about an hour or two, we have came a long way.
I loaded this OS and had to do nothing as far as loading laptop drivers, device drivers and etc. I loaded a lot of software and everything worked perfectly. I's sure there are some bugs in the RC but very few.
I am not a power user like yourself anymore, but I was in the computer and electronics business for 40 years and I can tell you that it was a time consuming process dealing with loading OS's and software in the early days.
I am not a great fan of Microsoft, but this OS is an advancement to Vista.

It does utilize networking better than Vista, has eased up slightly in the CPU usage range than Vista but when I'm using Media Center for video viewing/editing the power demands are still quite high. Encoding/editing video/audio is still a cpu hog and a time consuming process as it is in Vista(Ubuntu wins hands down).
IE8 is another resource hog not to mention very pouris..
I continue to pound on Win7 and will display more indepth results....

Media Center has and always will be a HOG, it sucks, and it seems to be the way they are building IE anymore also. IE8 is alot more hoggish then IE7 ever was. However if you have the ram to cover it, it may run well, im currently running 3 gig and i notice the sluggishness within the 2.

I will NEVER use media center anyhow, but i would look for them to do away with that, its just that horrible.
IE8, im sure they are trying to be more and more security aware but the end result is hurting them.

Overall, I would choose Windows 7 over XP or Vista though, theres just something about it that makes me want to have it. Its like an addiction!! ;)

Back