Windows 7 Realteck AC-97 Conexant audio drivers

Dran

Hey guys! Having a huge problem, and I feel like I've been through everything and every driver on the net.
I have an HP Compaq nx9600, about 4 years old, can support and run windows 7 perfectly...except the audio, none, at all!
I had XP running and the audio driver I was using didn't upgrade/ work with with the new OS. The sound driver is Realtek AC-97 Conexant, or at least thats the name of a driver that's needed.
I'm also missing the drivers for the sd card slot, but can't seem to find those either.
Can anyone help me? Admins? Dev team? anyone?
I'd be the happiest, strangest man you've never met!

I take it you tried the driver directly listed on Realtek support pages?

Realtek
Vista/Win7 (32/64 bits) AC'97 Driver only (ZIP file) 30396 bytes 26/mar/09

Last edited:
You should be able to get it from the Realtek support pages as already said but it should also be on the support page for your motherboard. You should have a motherboard manual come with your PC which will tell you which model and make it is.

Unfortunately this isn't working either... I'd really hate to think that this thing is too "old" to find a sound driver
One stupid little sound driver, unreal that I can't find something.
If anyone can think of something else, I'd love too have a real solution!
Cheers guys

PLease try this URL:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Let us know how you get on please, I think it will work in windows 7

Unfortunately this isn't working either... I'd really hate to think that this thing is too "old" to find a sound driver
One stupid little sound driver, unreal that I can't find something.
If anyone can think of something else, I'd love too have a real solution!
Cheers guys
Have you tried using windows update? It's come to my rescue before now with drivers for soundcards....

Have you tried using windows update? It's come to my rescue before now with drivers for soundcards....

As soon as I installed W7 I immediately went to Windows Update and the drivers for my Realtek AC'97 and my HP PSC1350v printer were there. They both worked right off the bat.

I don't know about it being on Conexant though. Mine is an old dinosaur MSI motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom