Windows 7 Realtek hd upgrades HELP!

casi

Hello if you have realtek hd on your pc how do you find out witch ,where and how to download upgrades.im total green and i do not even know how to find my system specs. i need advice from individuals with a lot of time an pachense and i spell like the wind blows kind regards casi:confused:

Hi Casi,

Go to Nirsoft and Download DriverView. Open it up (it's a Standalone and doesn't install). Click on the Company column header to put them in alphabetical order. Scroll down to Realtek. In the Driver Name column you're looking for things like RTKVHD64.sys and RTHDMIVX.sys. If you look under the modified date column, that is their date.

The official route is through the Windows DeviceManager under Sound,Video and Game Controllers.
GoTo Start button, type devmgmt.msc in your Search box or a Run... window. This will open the DeviceManager.
If you right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio entry you can view its properties. Clicking on the Driver tab will show you the drivers version number and date.

Go and have a look and come back, remembering Realtek update these on a monthly basis. Tell us what you've got and the dates.

Last edited:
while i got your attention is it possible to find and install drivers in general(like driverfinder)free

Not advisable. Very often their databases are not up to date.

By all means use something like that to give you an idea of which drivers are out of date but then go and get them yourself.

Back