Windows 7 Recommendations for Video card?

azTom

Just finished reassembling my computer and have the 9500 video Express X16 with 1024MB DDR 2 installed. All my performance ratings were good (5.9 to 7.2) EXCEPT the Desktop Aero 4.4 and 3D Graphics 4.9. Since I can return it, any suggest reasonably priced video card?

Solution
I have dual monitors 19\" Samsung SyncMaster 930e. Looking at Newegg I find several manufacturers that make the HD 4870 and GTX 260 with a considerable price range, BUT no ATI nor nVidia manufacrurers? What manufacturer do you recommend?

nVidia does not make cards for sale at retail. All nVidia based graphics cards are labelled for other manufacturers or distributors. I prefer the reference card cooling design, which uses up two slots but exhausts the heat out the back. (That said, for all I know, the nonstandard designs may be as good or better.) eVGA and BFG seem to have good warranty support, and they offer a range of overclocked cards (which means that they cater to enthusiasts).

ATI used to sell cards directly, but it...
Ended up with a Radeon HD 4850 by Diamond on sale at Fry's. Thanks for all the info. and suggestions.

Good choice.. You won't be disappointed.. :) I'm curious though, what size display do you have?

Displays are Samsung SyncMaster 930B 19", I have three with a KVM switch between computers. I am able to view dual monitors on both computers only not at the same time.
I ended up with a Diamond Radeon HD 4850, 1024MB GDDR3 and 2 year warrenty. Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

The 4850 is a fine card. Depending on your mobo/PSU you could always get another and crossfire them up..

Back