recover windows from formatted hdd

eliasvelardezft

Hi, I recently bought a new pc and formatted all the hdd's I had, including the one that had windows on it. Now I installed a new version of it (x64) but I can't activate it because I don't have any information or proof that I actually had an activated windows 10 copy. I downloaded a program to recover the deleted data from the hdd but it's recovering a lot of info and I don't know exactly what of that info I need in order to access my old system and get the key to activate it. Thx

Ouch, that sucks!

If its a notebook, did you look at the underside of the notebook to see if it has the genuine Windows 10 sticker on it? If it does goto the manufacturer's website and see what you can
do you will have to re-register the computer in your name, if its second hand, btw.

If you can access the BIOS firmware for the actual serial number for your unit you might be able to call the manufacturer and state what happened to see if you can purchase an OEM copy of Windows for that computer. You might get lucky and be able to. You might be able to also get it for FREE, if you beg and plead...

Also, keep in mind that if you have access to another computer you can goto the Microsoft Windows Download Site and download the ISO for the Windows 10 May 2019 v1903 update. The Microsoft ISO now allows you two different ways to update to Windows 10 v1903 Home, Pro, etc. First, by updating to Windows 10 by keeping your original / OEM OS installed (Vista/XP/7/8/8.1) and running setup from the mounted ISO from your USB drive or DVD. Second, by creating a USB or DVD bootable disk and rebooting the device and letting setup run its course (this is where you need your retail key and if you did not have a "Pro" version of Windows you can buy the Pro RETAIL key and type it in.

Also, if you have access to another computer you need to SPOOF your USERAGENT in order to access the actual MS download link because Microsoft is going to want you to do it their way and use their Windows Media Creation Tool and create a bootable USB drive. By SPOOFING your USERAGENT before you goto that site you can get the actual download link to download the ISO right onto your hard drive and use RUFUS (website: Rufus.ie) to create your own USB/DVD bootable disk.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe《♤》

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

☆☆☆ 》Tapatalk users: 《☆☆☆

If you like my post & I was helpful -- PLEASE consider giving KIN...
thanks a lot for your reply, fortunately I was able to find the sticker that contained the key so I avoided all the troubles haha, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom