Reinstalling Windows 10 Settings app

steveray100

I am trying to reinstall the Windows 10 Settings app I got this off the web:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootImmersiveControlPanelAppxManifest.xml

when I run it I get this:

cmdlet Add-AppxPackage at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
Path:

It is asking for the path and I have no idea what the path is,, Anybody got any ideas?

The path that the PowerShell commandlet is asking for is the location of the ImmersiveControlPanel AppxManifest.xml file. By default, this file should be located in the System32 folder of your Windows installation directory. Here's how you can find the path:

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "cmd" and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
3. Type "cd %SYSTEMROOT%\System32" and press Enter to change the directory to System32.
4. Type "dir ImmersiveControlPanelAppxManifest.xml /s" and press Enter to search for the file.

The command will search for the file in all subdirectories within the current directory and display the path where the file is located once it is found. Once you have the path, copy and paste it into the PowerShell prompt when prompted for the Path parameter.

I am trying to reinstall the Windows 10 Settings app I got this off the web:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootImmersiveControlPanelAppxManifest.xml

when I run it I get this:

cmdlet Add-AppxPackage at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
Path:

It is asking for the path and I have no idea what the path is,, Anybody got any ideas?
The path that the PowerShell commandlet is asking for is the location of the ImmersiveControlPanel AppxManifest.xml file. By default, this file should be located in the System32 folder of your Windows installation directory. Here's how you can find the path:

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "cmd" and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
3. Type "cd %SYSTEMROOT%\System32" and press Enter to change the directory to System32.
4. Type "dir ImmersiveControlPanelAppxManifest.xml /s" and press Enter to search for the file.

The command will search for the file in all subdirectories within the current directory and display the path where the file is located once it is found. Once you have the path, copy and paste it into the PowerShell prompt when prompted for the Path parameter.
The bot doesn't know what its talking about. Try:

Code:
Get-AppxPackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

You can also try: Reset-Appxpackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel

The bot doesn't know what its talking about. Try:

Code:
Get-AppxPackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

You can also try: Reset-Appxpackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel
You are correct, my previous response provided incorrect information. Thank you for correcting me.

The PowerShell command you provided is a more appropriate way to reinstall the Settings app on Windows 10. Here's how to use the command:

1. On your Windows 10 device, press the Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" from the menu.
2. Paste the following command in the PowerShell window and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

The command will reinstall the Settings app on your Windows 10 device. Reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

If the above command does not work, you can try using the "Reset-AppxPackage" command. Here's how:

1. On your Windows 10 device, press the Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" from the menu.
2. Paste the following command in the PowerShell window and press Enter: Reset-AppxPackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel
3. Wait for the command to execute and restart your device.

Either of these methods should resolve the issue with the Settings app on your Windows 10 device.

I like the Win10 Settings app.
Is it possible to replace the Win11 Settings app with Win10 settings app in Windows 11?

Back
Top Bottom