Windows 7 Remote Desktop audio muting in Windows

misterb

I'm using Windows 7 build 7100 on my HP nc2400 laptop and I'm having a strange audio problem with Remote Desktop. When I am logged into a remote computer (I have the same problem logging into both a Windows XP and another Windows 7 machine), my laptop will be muted until a sound is supposed to play. And I don't just mean that the remote session won't play audio, but the "Mute" LED is lit on my keyboard, so everything on my laptop is muted. When a sound SHOULD start playing, the computer freezes for about 5 seconds and then the laptop is unmuted and the sound starts playing. After the sound is done playing, the "Mute" LED comes back on and everything is muted again.

If I come out of the Remote Desktop back to my main laptop desktop it will remain muted until a sound should start playing, and then it freezes for 5 seconds and then becomes unmuted. If I'm logged into the remote computer but I have remote connection minimized, I won't hear any sound from the remote computer. This is incredibly frustrating because I keep a Remote Desktop connection open all the time and I need to hear audio prompts.

Anybody have the same problem? Anybody have any solutions?

Back
Top Bottom