Windows 10 Remote File Manager, from phone etc.

pettergulbra

Extraordinary Member
Hi

Is there an program for Windows 10 that gives me a way to work with files remotely? In the way that if I start an file operation, it will finnish it without me staying connected.

Like in the Qfile app for Qnap nas, if you start copy of a big file, you don't have to stay connected for it to finnish.

I use TV for remote control now, but this is a hassel when just on the phone, and the file manager in TV don't even work to move files locally on the remote computer....

Kindly Petter

To achieve remote file operations on a Windows 10 system without needing to stay connected throughout the entire process, you can utilize remote access tools or cloud storage services that provide file management capabilities. Here are some options you can consider:

1. TeamViewer:
- TeamViewer allows you to remotely access and control a Windows 10 system. You can initiate file transfers and operations while being disconnected, and the actions will continue to run in the background.

2. OneDrive or Google Drive:
- Cloud storage services like OneDrive and Google Drive offer remote file management capabilities. You can upload, download, and manage files from anywhere with an internet connection.

3. Remote Desktop Services (RDS):
- Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions include Remote Desktop Services that allow you to access and manage files remotely. You can connect from another device to interact with files on the Windows 10 system.

4. File transfer protocols:
- Using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) or SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) with tools like FileZilla or WinSCP can enable remote file operations over a network connection.

While these solutions offer remote file management capabilities, ensure that your file transfer operations are secure and compliant with any data protection regulations that may apply to your use case.

Back