Windows 7 Remote Procedure Call

Piaskowy

Hello.

Got that issues since few days. System restarting itself. I have checked windows logs and found that RPC is doing that for some reason. So i have tried to change the options in Remote Procedure Call in control panel. But all the options are grayed and and i can't do that, even when im administrator.

I remember i did that in Win Xp and Vista but cant do it on Win 7 x32. I wanted to change option, so he doing nothing if he find any issues. Restarting system is so annoying.

Any advice is appreciated.

You might try opening an Administrative command prompt window and type SFC /scannow to check your system files.

There is an RPC and RPC locator service, do they both appear to be running in the Services.msc panel?

The details of the Event Viewer log entry might help diagnose the problem. There is usually a statement about what has happened.

You might try opening an Administrative command prompt window and type SFC /scannow to check your system files.

There is an RPC and RPC locator service, do they both appear to be running in the Services.msc panel?

The details of the Event Viewer log entry might help diagnose the problem. There is usually a statement about what has happened.

Yes, both are running. Problem is that i cant change any option on it. As i remember Xp / Vista had it changeable. For me is just greyed out.
I should be able to change that RPC option.Microsoft tech said, that it should be changeable if i am logged as administrator. Not sure whats wrong.

Mine is also greyed out and not available in the Services Panel.

If you check the Dependencies, it shows DCOM Server Process Launcher. You might check and make sure it is running, although RPC would probably not be running if it weren't.

I don't know if it would make any difference in Safe Mode.

Nothing in the event viewer?

Back
Top Bottom