Windows 8 Remove windows 10

d3crypt0

Hey guys, I'm gonna explain what got me here first.
I installed windows 10 on my machine a while ago on my 500Gb drive. Recently I added a 1Tb drive to my PC and decided to move to windows 8.1 because W10 became too heavy for my system after the 2019 update. I mounted the W8.1 ISO and began the installation process. I formated my 1Tb drive as Charizard A:\ to install the system. After the installation completed, it booted up normally and I did the usual things, drivers and apps, drivers and more apps. Then I said: ''now that my W8.1 is stable, i`m gonna delete windows 10 from msconfig and format my 500Gb drive'', but then this happened:

As you guys can see, windows is apparently on (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows)???? wut...
Then I opened disk manager and this shows up:
gggggggggggg.PNG

I don`t really now what is happening here it`s too technical for me, but EFI and Recovery are on the 500Gb drive that I want to format and I feel like if I format it, my system will not boot again. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix this? (sorry for bad english and such a complicated problem (for me)).

Well for starters Windows 10 is actually a complete rewrite and is actually lighter on resources than 8.1 so it sounds like you have some other issue with your system. You will also only have support for 8.1 for a few more years.

Moving on. The easiest way to fix your issue is going to be to disconnect the 500GB drive and reinstall Windows in the 1TB drive. While it is possible to create those partitions manually on your main drive it isn't very easy and if you're not technical I wouldn't recommend trying.

Well for starters Windows 10 is actually a complete rewrite and is actually lighter on resources than 8.1 so it sounds like you have some other issue with your system. You will also only have support for 8.1 for a few more years.

Moving on. The easiest way to fix your issue is going to be to disconnect the 500GB drive and reinstall Windows in the 1TB drive. While it is possible to create those partitions manually on your main drive it isn't very easy and if you're not technical I wouldn't recommend trying.

After the 2019 update it became like, super laggy, like, almost 40s to open explorer, and it even crashes. I guess I have no choice than reinstalling everything :(
well... thanks for responding.

Back