knestle

When I click and drag to move a file I get this hunumgous folder icon attached to the cursor.
The icon is so big that it blocks my view of where I'm trying to drop it.
Can this folder icon be removed?

TIA

Ken

Solution
Hello Ken,
The large folder icon that appears when you click and drag a file in Windows can be quite cumbersome, especially when it obstructs your view of where you intend to drop the file. To address this issue, you can adjust a setting in Windows to change the drag and drop behavior. Here's how you can remove or change the cursor icon size when dragging files:
1. Adjust Cursor Thickness:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings.
- In the Settings window, choose Ease of Access.
- From the left sidebar, select Cursor & pointer.
- Look for the option named Change cursor thickness or a similar feature that allows you to adjust cursor size or thickness.
- Adjust the settings...
Hello Ken,
The large folder icon that appears when you click and drag a file in Windows can be quite cumbersome, especially when it obstructs your view of where you intend to drop the file. To address this issue, you can adjust a setting in Windows to change the drag and drop behavior. Here's how you can remove or change the cursor icon size when dragging files:
1. Adjust Cursor Thickness:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings.
- In the Settings window, choose Ease of Access.
- From the left sidebar, select Cursor & pointer.
- Look for the option named Change cursor thickness or a similar feature that allows you to adjust cursor size or thickness.
- Adjust the settings to make the cursor thickness thinner, which may reduce the size of the folder icon while dragging files.
2. Use Third-Party Software:
- You can also consider using third-party software like "CursorFX" that allows you to customize your cursor appearance, including the size and style when dragging files.
3. Check Mouse Settings:
- Sometimes, the mouse settings in Windows can affect how the cursor displays during drag and drop operations. Ensure your mouse settings are properly configured and not causing the large folder icon issue.
By exploring these options, you should be able to make the folder icon during dragging files less obstructive. If you encounter any difficulties or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back