Windows 7 removing raid1 and reinstalling programs/files

randya

Hi, I had a new computer assembled by a shop. I have I7 950 based system and has twin 1tb hardrives. I wanted to mirror the drives and files under windows, however the shop set up the drives in Raid1.(shop doesnt know what customer service is)

I transferred all my files onto the drive with window home premium etc before realizing it had been instlled with Raid bios setup. I want to remove the raid format (bios) and clear the drives and reinstall the drives under windows to use one a a backup drive. I have a external drive I can use to assist and later use a a second backup drive.

I understand once I clear the Raid formatting I will wipe all the info from the installed drives?

Can I make a backup on my external drive and reinstall all my prgrams and files from my external drive once I do this.

Also If I mirror windows 7 to my external drive can I reinstall this from my external drive to the internal drive or will it be set up as a raid format and not be of use?

Can someone assist please with the best solution and possible problems I could encounter?

Hi,
'The shop set the drives up in RAID 1?'

That is mirroring. See this link:

Standard RAID levels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia