Windows 7 Removing The Recycle Bin From The Desktop(SOLVED)

xNIAx1

Right click your desktop > Personalize > Change Desktop Icons. Simply check off what you want removed from you're desktop. No need to install hacks or mess with that lame registry.

Is there any way to put the Recycle Bin on the taskbar? Its the only icon I have left on my desktop. It looks like you can pin it to Windows Explorer, but I was hoping for the Recycle Bin icon right there on the taskbar. Any thoughts?

Is there any way to put the Recycle Bin on the taskbar? Its the only icon I have left on my desktop. It looks like you can pin it to Windows Explorer, but I was hoping for the Recycle Bin icon right there on the taskbar. Any thoughts?

Yes there is. Here is what I did

The only way that can be done is if you have the Quick Launch Bar enabled.

You can drag the shortcut to the Quick Launch bar, that;s the only way it will work.

Here's how to enable it:

• Right-click the taskbar, choose Toolbars / New Toolbar
  • In the folder selection dialog, navigate to C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and select that folder
  • Turn off the “lock the taskbar” setting, and right-click on the divider. Make sure that “Show text” and “Show title” are disabled and the view is set to “small icons”.
  • Use the dividers to rearrange the toolbar ordering to choice, and then lock the taskbar again.

The only way that can be done is if you have the Quick Launch Bar enabled.

You can drag the shortcut to the Quick Launch bar, that;s the only way it will work.

Here's how to enable it:

• Right-click the taskbar, choose Toolbars / New Toolbar
  • In the folder selection dialog, navigate to C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and select that folder
  • Turn off the “lock the taskbar” setting, and right-click on the divider. Make sure that “Show text” and “Show title” are disabled and the view is set to “small icons”.
  • Use the dividers to rearrange the toolbar ordering to choice, and then lock the taskbar again.

There is any easier way, you just create a shortcut with the path
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
shell:RecycleBinFolder
Change the icon picture and pin to taskbar

Very god Loathe,

Works perfectly!!

NP. I remember a while back you had a small .bat file that removed the "shortcut" part Windows added when you created a shortcut. Could you please post again for me.

Hope this is what you were looking for:

Here's a registry hack to eliminate the -shortcut which is created when you create a shortcut:

=========================================
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer]
"link"=hex:00,00,00,00

Make sure the word CurrentVersion does not have a space between it.

It should read CurrentVersion ,not Curre ntVersion. This forum wraps for some reason.

Copy and paste the the info inside the lines into Notepad, choose Save As, then select All Files from the drop-down menu box and type in removeshortcut.reg. Save it to your desktop and double-click on it to merge it intro the registry.

You'll need to restart for it to take effect. You'll still see the -shortcut on ones you've already created, but any shortcuts created after the registry hack will simply display the name.

Hope this is what you were looking for:

Here's a registry hack to eliminate the -shortcut which is created when you create a shortcut:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer]
"link"=hex:00,00,00,00

Make sure the word CurrentVersion does not have a space between it.

It should read CurrentVersion ,not Curre ntVersion. This forum wraps for some reason.

Copy and paste the the info inside the lines into Notepad, choose Save As, then select All Files from the drop-down menu box and type in removeshortcut.reg. Save it to your desktop and double-click on it to merge it intro the registry.

You'll need to restart for it to take effect. You'll still see the -shortcut on ones you've already created, but any shortcuts created after the registry hack will simply display the name.

Yeh thats the one. Thanks

No problem:)

i've always hated that in Window.

I can't understand why it's still carrying over to Windows 7

Back
Top Bottom