Windows XP Removing The Removal Tool

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Every time I run Secunia PSI, it squawks about the Microsoft Removal Tool Blaster/Nachi as being discontinued. Therefore obviously it is unable to update it, however I have not found a means to remove it either.

I is not listed in Add/Remove Programs, and when I located the file itself and deleted it, it reappears seconds later, so I assume that it is a protected file. How do I make it unprotected, so it can be removed?

Last edited:
Thanks, I think that solved my problem...but in typical fashion, in a round about way. I tried several combinations of deletions, but they kept coming back, until I deleted the one in the I386 folder. Like one poster commented, Windows squawked that the change might cause system instability, which normally would have stopped me cold. It should have at least caused me to delay long enough for creating a restore point, but the frustration factor was overriding my good sense. Fortunately, it appears to have worked without any problems. At least it rebooted in a normal fashion.

Back
Top Bottom