Windows 7 Renaming MP3 albums not working

sphami

I have an MP3 album that consists of 10 CD's. I am trying to rename the albus to reflect whether they are from cd1, cd2, cd3,etc. (Winterland 1973- The Complete Recordings [CD1]). The original does not have the CD1 at the end so all of the files come in with the 1st song on each album together then the second song together, etc. I cannot seperate them so it will show 10 distinct albums. This was easily done in xp => Vista but now in W7 I cannotr get the names to stick. Once I change them and browse away from the location and then back again the old name appears. I have tried activating the adminstrator account, logging in with it, no go. I habe tried changing permissions but I just am at my wits end now. This should be an easy deal. The original file does NOT have restrictions on it as I can change it from any other box in my house except the W7 test bo\x. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Not sure if this will work, but you can try from SAFE MODE. Press F8 at the beginning of the boot sequence to get the SAFE MODE boot menu.

You could also try setting the folder that you have named to 'Read Only'.

Back