Windows 8 reorder search results

When "search" presents hundreds of results, how does one reorder them? For instance, I'd like them in alpha order, or by date. Right now I have no idea how they are default ordered.

Joe

This is done by the server who is hosting the domain names...which is paid by the domain holder to have it placed as high as it can to the hit return from searchs. I'm not sure if what your asking is possible because of the way domains are set up in search. Although a great question.

a great question.

But unfortunately the wrong one in the wrong place ... I think :apologetic: I'm asking about the search one does in Windows 8 via the charms. When I search for files that contain a particular word or phrase, and get hundreds of results, I'd like to reorder them according to other than how they actually appear.

If you recognize that I'm in the wrong forum, would you kindly direct me to where you think this should be posted. And thank you for replying to what you thought I was asking.

Joe (also a bass fisher)

I'm asking about the search one does in Windows 8 via the charms.

Ah...I misread your post. Not sure if that is possible either. In charms bar, search.....you type in a word in the search window...and the results listed, you want in an alphabetized list...is that what your asking. If so, I'm really not sure.

Sorry I'm still making win 8 look and work like win 7!

I know what you mean, I'm doing some of that myself ... however I'd like to beat my head against the wall a bit longer before admitting defeat. Thanks for the link ... I may use it soon.

Joe

Back