Windows 7 Repeating Windows 7 actvation requests.

Termitescout

Every couple of months I get an activation message on my computer to activate Windows 7. I've successfully activated it several times now and every couple of months it asks me again!!!!! What is going on and can I stop this annoying reactivation process:frown:?

I suffer this problem when I run a restore using Acronis True Image. It's never been enough of a problem for me to be bothered to investigate it are you by any chance experiencing this problem having run a restore?

Thats something new?
I have used Acronis image countless times, but never had that problem. Maybe there was an activation problem with your original, from which you made the image, and you are putting the problem back each time?

Thats something new?
I have used Acronis image countless times, but never had that problem. Maybe there was an activation problem with your original, from which you made the image, and you are putting the problem back each time?
Never thought of that - you could be right - just been too idle to look into it - good thinking Batman!

I remember in the days, when I used to use Norton Ghost as my imager, there was an image browser where you can replace files without having to recreate the image. I use Acronis True Image but never need that cause every week I make a new image but I think I saw an option there to just update an existing image so you can do your registration and then just update the images and Acronis will just update the image with the changes.

Thanks for that - must get me lazy finger out and look into that - just too easy to click on the MS button and get on with it!

If you have a legal copy of windows, this post will help you:
How to Activate Windows 7 Manually - Windows 7 Activation Steps
I can only activate windows 7 manually by phone, but I've done it several times and it's the original hard drive and processor since I installed windows 7. I called windows support and got some one from India and they wanted to charge me $60.00 for technical assistance. I paid $170.00 for Windows 7 64 Ultimate, I expect it to work right without having to pay extra to get it to work right.

Back