Windows 7 Replacing pre-installed Windows 10 with Windows 7 SP1 disk?

MooseMafia

I'm switching over to Windows for a better gaming experience, but most of the PCs I'm looking at online come with Windows 10 pre-installed. I've tried Windows 10 before, and I hate it with a passion. If I were to get one of these PCs, (For example, an Alienware Aurora) then how would I go about deleting Windows 10 and replacing it with a copy of Windows 7 SP1? (I say SP1 because those are the only install disks I can find on the market.)
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading,
Moose

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 Pro. It is much more stable. I have games from 2008 that works fine on my Windows 10 desktop. Microsoft stopped mainstream support 2 years ago and if you want extended help with Windows 7, you will have to pay Micro$oft.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Provided you have a Windows 7 license just format the drive and install. You will also want to make sure there are Windows 7 driver available for whatever computer you buy. Chances are new computers will not have drivers. Windows 7 updating is a manual process now and won't update through Windows updates and it also will be EOL in 2020.

Provided you have a Windows 7 license just format the drive and install. You will also want to make sure there are Windows 7 driver available for whatever computer you buy. Chances are new computers will not have drivers. Windows 7 updating is a manual process now and won't update through Windows updates and it also will be EOL in 2020.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom