Windows 8 Required APPS SLOW booting up?

xxnonamexx

I follwed Black Vipers Guide and I used Soluto and it found the required apps are hogging my memory. Are all of these required? Thanks

Attachments

• boot1.jpg
    boot1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 471
  • boot2.jpg
    boot2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Boot3.jpg
    Boot3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 415
Does it say by how much the above apps are hogging your memory?

I have 8gb ram I didn't check how much it's hogging but it takes 5 min according to solution see top page boot1 attachment. it's much slower then windows 7

Yes but 5 minutes to do what exactly? Does your machine take 5 minutes to boot up? If it did take 5 minutes you would probably find the problem lay in an other area that the ones highlighted above. I find this strange re memory hogging as Windows 8s memory use is normally far better than windows 7.
If your running an app to measure something or a benchmark please ensure it is windows 8 compatible otherwise misinformation will result.

Did you try running the above app due to some issue or other?

Test your boot time with this and post the result:

BootRacer - Test your Windows boot speed

Here is mine for comparison.

boot test.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!...

Ok, right click on the task bar and choose the Task manager from the revealed menu. Click on the Start up tab and then take a screen shot of what is included. Here's mine for comparison:

start up.jpg

The only thing I can think of, not being familiar with the Black Viper guide, is an error has cropped up and something has either been removed or turned off/turned on. Have you checked the event viewer?
It might serve you well to refresh the install and start again. To do this you need to open the charms by moving the cursor to top or bottom right hand corners and clicking on settings. Then click 'change pc settings' followed by 'General'. Scroll down and you'll find various options to either re-install or just refresh the pc.

What will the refresh do? Will I lose anything? What if I do reinstall then I think I will lose everything correct? Thanks

Yes you will lose your personal apps and folders. Can you back it up somehow?

I read differently: When you use the Refresh feature, Windows is still technically starting over with a fresh install of the operating system. The main difference is that the Refresh process automatically sets aside your data, Windows settings, and Metro apps, then puts them back where they belong once the OS is reinstalled. The result is a clean slate for your OS, but with your configuration settings and data intact.

The standard Refresh process will not restore the software you have installed. It will restore Metro apps, but not traditional Win32 software. Microsoft claims this is another function of troubleshooting. It wants to avoid simply re-installing whatever software it is that might be causing your problem.

What Microsoft does is to create an HTML file that lists the applications that were not installed, and places it on the desktop of the refreshed Windows 8 system so you at least know what software you’re missing.

Well Windows 8 creates a type of back up anyway when you 'sync' your pc so stuff like favourites and your desktop remains the same. But yes you will lose your apps.

Back