Windows 7 Resident Evil 5 not loading..

My processor is AMD Athlon 64X2 Black Ed 5000+ and video card is XFX Radeon HD 4830.

thanz for the info..

i'm just wondering now which of the three is the cause of my problem..

Windows 7 RTM 7600? Quad Core processor? or my Geforce GTX 280...
sad..

hey guys..

good news.. i figured out whats wrong with my game.
from some guys tip off in another forum, it appears to be a rather mundane issue thats causing my problem..

i can play this with AA one and at high resolution and stuff and no problem at all..
it also is faster than playing under my windows XP..
hehe..

oh sorry, to my problem, its because of my windows 7 incapability to play the intro movies from RE5.
after creating a dummy file of the same name and replacing those movies in the RE5 folder, the game ran as smooth as buttered grease..

but i tried with other movie formats and it all runs fine, it just can't run the RE5 movie at all.. not sure why..
anyway, i wanna thank kemical and highwayman for being so helpful .

you are the man, guys.. :)
props to you two..

*bows in respect*

Heyy... Slippknot you got it working!

Well done man!

Thanks for updating your thread also...:)

Happy zombie killing.. :cool:

Heyy... Slippknot you got it working!

Well done man!

Thanks for updating your thread also...:)

Happy zombie killing.. :cool:

now onwards to me new problem..

do you guys LAN this game with your friends..?

i did this once Using hamachi and this DLLLoad.exe from Teknogods..
it worked when my friend came over and connected to my system through LAN..

but now, I tried it with him thru the internet (he is back at his place)
but for some reason, whenever I tried to join, it will say "This game session has been canceled"
but my friend is still waiting for me to join on the other side..

so wondering whether you guys used a different method to LAN with friends..
:)

Hmm... there is someone who does a lot of LAN gaming in the forum I'm just trying to remember who.... (sorry it's still early and I haven't had my coffee yet lol) I'll think on it and hopefully remember... :)

Hmm... there is someone who does a lot of LAN gaming in the forum I'm just trying to remember who.... (sorry it's still early and I haven't had my coffee yet lol) I'll think on it and hopefully remember... :)

sure man..

i saw a vid in youtube with ppl posting up their hamachi logins so other RE5 players can join..
i'm gonna try tonight and see whether i will have problems joining up with them or not.

I think I remember... Highwayman!

I sent him a pm so hopefully he'll pop over and lend a hand.. (he's very good at that sort of thing..
grinning-smiley-003.gif
)

Hi there, umm I believe the main cause of not seeing the online game after using the LAN hack is because you still have the hacked file which the online version will block by default as it will think its hacked cheat codes etc, so you would have to remove and replace original files it overwrites or changes.

Basically from the sound of it it's one of the Games for windows live offline hacks, basically GWFL forces LAN modes to only work on a strick 30ms or under connection (Thus renders Hamachi almost useless as typically most pings are higher than 30ms), so basically only allows people in a actual LAN (Not VPN) to use the feature...the hack basically opens the ping restriction to play via hamachi in GFWL Offline mode, However new updates of GFWL often block such apps as will always show up as mod thus gets banned for online modes.

Assuming the hack was able workaround that issue, then the fault would fall down to firewalls and portforwarding not being correctly configured on both machines, remembering you need firewall & portforwarding setup for hamachi & the game

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Last edited:
nah, i dun use a router so no port forwarding required..

well, going back to me and my friend who came over my house with his lappy..
we didn't actually connect the game via LAN.. we had to use hamachi and stuff
and basically, we linked networked, shared the internet, then enable hamachi for both systems
and bam, a sleepness night of zombie bashing..

the problem comes when the friend went home and we tried to link up again..

i dare say its a problem with his system because I just test run the linking with some random
dude and it works...
soooooooooooo

*shrugs*

thanz for your reply, highwayman..

Cisbulat, please read the rules regarding advertising on this site.. (it's under spam)

Posting Rules and GuidelinesPlease follow our policies on making new threads and posts to the website. At this time, you must be a registered member to post on this website. There are certain basic standards of conduct that we request you follow:
  1. No Software Piracy: You agree by posting on this site you will not post links or discuss in any way, ways to pirate or illegally download any proprietary or commercial software. (Example: Windows 7). This site is based on discussion and support for this kind of software, not stealing it. There are no exceptions to this policy. You will be banned, and you will be IP blocked from our site.
  2. Conduct: While we welcome critiques and criticism of issues, programs, software, we do not tolerate personal attacks, flame baiting, hate speech, racism, sexism, or other anti-social behavior.
  3. Avoid Repetition: We ask that you refrain from posting the same thing over and over again. If you do not get an answer to a question, it is quite possible no one knows the answer.
  4. Grammar and Spelling: It is strongly encouraged that you type properly and preview your message before submitting it. This will help convey your ideas properly and get your message across.
  5. Spam: There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in regards to spam on Windows7Forums.com. Do not advertise your websites, market your products, promote your get-rich-quick scheme, over the counter pills, or other nonsense on this website. Do not create multiple accounts to have conversations with yourself about how great your company's software package is. You will be removed, your IPs will be blocked, and if possible, you will be reported to spam reporting agencies and your ISP. There is no exception to this rule and spam-related bans are permanent.

Last edited:
It might sound dumb but i had the exact same problem with the loadscreen not getting past the Nvidia logo..

i digged arround and installed Windows Media Player 11, and now it loads perfectly evry time..

hope it helps

Back