Windows 8 Restore PC to last known point.

bonzaaa

I have an MSi Ge70 0ND UK. This is a gaming laptop and therefore has a Turbo boost that activates when I open a game - it clocks the processor up to 2.4 Ghz I believe. The problem I have here that Windows 8.1 completely breaks this and if I launch a game for example Minecraft, it runs at 30 frames per second instead of a respectable 200. I know for a fact that this is a Windows 8.1 problem as it has happened before and I managed to revert back to a last known point, which restored my PC back to Windows 8; after this the Turbo function worked perfectly fine once again. The main issue here is I wasn't given the option not to upgrade to Windows 8.1. I received a pop up on my screen asking me to upgrade, which the options of: 'Remind me later'; '4 hours'; '3 hours'; '2 hours' and '1 hour'. I chose 'Remind me later' because I didn't want to upgrade due to last time. Later, I got the same pop up without the Remind me later option, therefore I HAD to upgrade to Windows 8.1 without a choice and can't for the life of me remember how to restore back. Summing up, I would like an explanation on how to restore PC to last known point and would also appreciate an explanation on how to say no to upgrading again. I am very annoyed with Windows for forcing the upgrade and quite frankly think it's stupid. Thanks for the help.

1. The windows 8.1 update is NOT forced… You just set your system to download | sync updates automatically (a common enough mistake).
2. You can’t uninstall or roll back the 8.1 upgrade… now that you have it, your only options are:
a; Factory reset,
b; Fresh re-install of windows 8,
c; Sell the laptop or
d; Put up with 8.1.

Or perhaps there is an option in the BIOS, where you can just disable Turbo Boost / Intel Enhanced Speed Step Technoogy / AMD Kool and Quiet or whatever the BIOS is calling it and see if you get normal upper end CPU performance all the time without anything throttling it down and then up and then down again and then up again.
If it's a laptop you might experience poor battery performance so there's always a trade off.

Back
Top Bottom