Windows Vista Restoring To A Different Hard Drive From The Original

CAG43

Should it make a difference, when after restoring my system to a new hard drive, if I want to restore it into a different one from the original where it was running?
Also, could you tell me what the term, "redeploy" means in terms of step by step installation procedures?
Thanks so much.
CAG43

Should it make a difference, when after restoring my system to a new hard drive, if I want to restore it into a different one from the original where it was running?
That's a yes and no answer: It depends on a few things. Is this an OEM system where everything is tied to the mobo? What software restore utility was used to create said backup?

Also, could you tell me what the term, "redeploy" means in terms of step by step installation procedures?
This is a two part question here. For the definition for redeploy; simply means to reinstall in the IT world. As for step by step instructions; again it depends on what software utility was used.

I read that a bit differently than bassfisher did, do you mean a different hard drive to be plugged into the same system in which case the answer is yes. I you meant another system altogether then yes it may work though not likely but you can't move the version of Windows to another
motherboard and system unless it is a retail license vs and oem (brand name pc).

Back