ReViZeD

i never shut own unless required by application, about 2 out of 5 resumes the display even login screen "looks like" the resolution is lowest setting although every time i go to propertines it the same as normal , so every time this happens i just go from 1864x1036 and back to 1680x1050 (any will work of course) its been about 6 months now and it gets a little annoying , this has never happened till i got a new computer i7-2600 12gb ram, that had win 7 and i didnt want to re-learn windows so i installed xp 64 2003 service pack 2, and had to install video,wifi,and sound card , the usb 3.0`s work ;) weird huh

Solution
It sounds like you are facing a resolution issue on your Windows XP 64-bit system, where the display sometimes reverts to the lowest setting even though the resolution settings appear normal in the display properties. This issue started after you installed Windows XP 64 on your new computer with specific hardware components like an i7-2600 processor, 12GB of RAM, and additional drivers for the video, Wi-Fi, and sound cards. Here are some steps and suggestions to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. Outdated or incompatible drivers could cause display issues. Visit the...
It sounds like you are facing a resolution issue on your Windows XP 64-bit system, where the display sometimes reverts to the lowest setting even though the resolution settings appear normal in the display properties. This issue started after you installed Windows XP 64 on your new computer with specific hardware components like an i7-2600 processor, 12GB of RAM, and additional drivers for the video, Wi-Fi, and sound cards. Here are some steps and suggestions to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. Outdated or incompatible drivers could cause display issues. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.
    []Check for Windows Updates:
    • Make sure that your Windows XP system is up to date with all the latest updates from Microsoft. Some display issues can be resolved through system updates that include bug fixes and improvements.
    [
    ]Monitor Hardware Compatibility:
    • Verify that all your hardware components, including the graphics card, are compatible with Windows XP 64-bit. Ensure that there are no known compatibility issues that could be causing the display problem.
    []Adjust Display Settings:
    • In addition to changing the resolution through the display properties, you can also check the refresh rate and color depth settings. Make sure they are set correctly for your monitor.
    [
    ]Check for Software Conflicts:
    • Certain applications or software utilities can sometimes interfere with display settings. Try to identify if any specific software triggers the resolution change issue.
    []Test in Safe Mode:
    • Boot into Safe Mode and see if the issue persists. Safe Mode loads Windows with minimal drivers and services, which can help determine if the problem is related to third-party software or drivers.
    [
    ]Hardware Diagnostics:
    • Perform hardware diagnostics to ensure there are no underlying hardware issues causing the problem. Check the status of your graphics card and other hardware components.

Additional Considerations:​

• Unsupported Operating System: Windows XP 64-bit is an older operating system, and driver support for newer hardware may be limited. Consider upgrading to a more recent and supported version of Windows for better compatibility and security.
    • Backup Important Data: Before making any significant changes or updates to your system, ensure you have a backup of your important data to prevent any data loss. Given the age of Windows XP and the hardware you are using, compatibility issues may arise. If the problem persists after trying these steps, it could be due to limitations with the operating system and its compatibility with newer hardware components.

Solution
Back