Windows 7 Rev 7100 msvcr71.dll error?

dante1217

i got an error that msvcr71.dll was missing, so i installed the VC++ 2005 redistributable package (which includes the dll) and it didnt work, so i downloaded and placed the DLL myself (in [c/windows] & [c/windows/system] & [c/windows/system32]) it only NEEDS to be in the system32 folder, but i put in the other three just incase... and im still getting the error......

can anybody help me?

Thanks,
-Dante

once copied you'll have to register it I think.

START ORB, then type: regsvr32 <path & filename of dll>

that will register the file. Not sure if it will cure the problem but it wont hurt!

once copied you'll have to register it I think.

START ORB, then type: regsvr32 <path & filename of dll>

that will register the file. Not sure if it will cure the problem but it wont hurt!

what is ORB? the CMD?

EDIT Tried it in the CMS and got this:
330bu44.png

Last edited:
sorry, that wasnt very clear. I meant click the START button and then just type the regsvr line in and hit enter

I believe you need to 2008 runtime, although I'm not ever sure that's a part of it.

Do a search on your computer for that filename, goose the latest version and copy it to the c:\Windows\\system32 directory.

You can';t register it using regsvr32 as it's not a self-registering file.

I believe you need to 2008 runtime, although I'm not ever sure that's a part of it.

Do a search on your computer for that filename, goose the latest version and copy it to the c:\Windows\\system32 directory.

You can';t register it using regsvr32 as it's not a self-registering file.
not sure exatly what it means, but i installed the 2008 libraries as well, still nothing... im not sure what "filename" you mean...

Do a search on your computer for msvcr71.dll, choose the latest version and copy it to the c:\Windows\\system32 directory.

Check version numbers so you know the higher version to copy or move to the system32 directory.

well, that fixed that problem... but now i get SDL_mixer.dll is missing o.o there really must be something missing..

Back
Top Bottom