Windows 7 ripped off by microsoft and fujitsu siemens

buzznutsgrande

I cannot get windows 7 64 bit to install on my fujitsu siemens amilo xi2528,the requires drivers jmicron drivers and sata drivers to recognise the sata drives I have used a usb stick with xp drivers it recognises them but says they must be updated
I have contacted fujitsu and they say that they do not give suppert for windows 7 on this model, although the windows 7 upgrade advisor says that my laptop is compatable 100% for all versions of win 7 I have installed windows professional on this computer,using the usb stick drive and fujitsu siemens don't give support for xp on this model either , I'm running windows vista home premium 32 bit on this computer and hate this os, Intel (R) core (TM) 2DUO CPU T8100 @ 2.10 GHZ
can some one please help me

find out what motherboard model is (Fujiitsu dont make motherboards it will be a company like nvidia, asus, biostar, msi or gigabyte typically) and you can often get them directly too, thus bypassing crappy support off your branded suppliers.

I am very thankful for your help . but all of the jmicron drivers which I have downloaded from the site ,that you have sent me and I already have visited don't register when I try to install it cannot find the drive partition so It cnnot install, I have tried with xp drivers when I installed xp proffesinal and it finally worked but this windows 7 does not I have read on the amilo forum that a couple of guys have installed it using older raid drivers but I have tried those and they do not work either, AS i SAY THE DRIVERS I used with xp get recognized but install manager says they must be updated

I'm very surprised at the difficulty they are causing people...I personally had no issues installing windows 7 to my wife's Fujitsu-Siemens lappy which is quite old and more likely to unsupported....lol

At this point all you can really do is try hunt some Vista drivers which often work as substitute until they get sorted.

Last edited:
highway I'm going to try and flash the bios tonight I have got a message from fujitsu that you can disable AHCI in the bio's but I don't Have AHCI in my bio's so I'm going to try and flash the bio's and see if It appears, there is somethig very queer going on, this could be a defect, or it could be a cunning plan to make sure that I have to suffer vista till I buy a new machine ,I'll keep you posted

well well what a load of bollocks there I have flashed the bio's and there still is no AHCI and that means that the install cannot recognize the drive so thats all my Ideas used up ,anybody got any good news I'm about out of funny stories just now and life just does'nt feel so good right now,I'm not living the dream people the wonderful smiling succesful, no spots or acne windows dream I'm just not getting there,I'm just not fullfiling the dream people what the hell went wrong I put It down to my uppbringing,Rant rave splutter ETC PRICE OF EGGS IN SCANDINAVIA blah blah

Last edited:
people let us just say that there seems to be alot of problems caused by microsofts 2 (vista and widows 7) operating systems , who remebers millenium edition that was an os and how original to call it millenium and to launch it exactly in the millenium year I was gobsmacked at that release really and it made me buy a computer,and suddenly I was living the dream,the microsoft dream errrrrrrrrrrrr thats baisically it:):rolleyes::( what the hell is going on with microsoft they seem to be selling software that does not work , can this be tue?

people let us just say that there seems to be alot of problems caused by microsofts 2 (vista and widows 7) operating systems , who remebers millenium edition that was an os and how original to call it millenium and to launch it exactly in the millenium year I was gobsmacked at that release really and it made me buy a computer,and suddenly I was living the dream,the microsoft dream errrrrrrrrrrrr thats baisically it:):rolleyes::( what the hell is going on with microsoft they seem to be selling software that does not work , can this be tue?

Maybe it's just your crappy computer. That's why I build my own. My install went perfectly, as did the 10 or more other installs of the beta and RC that I did. It ain't microsofts problem that your computer is having issues, probably with the crappy hardware that fujitsu siemens (who?) uses. Window 7 is no Window ME. That's my little rant!!!:D

bigfeet acrappy computer indeed! acrappy computer with widows vista installed, a crappy computer,that microsoft and fujitsu siemens conspired or should I say made with team work for the windows vista experience,a crappy computer that cost a crappy individual alot of money, and time installing alot of drivers that don't work, and windows vista wiping out crappy windows programs that don't work, I only wish I was'nt such a crappy no good son of a bitch who has his own crappy buisnes to run , and a crappy family to take care of,errrrrrrrrrr you.ve really hit the mark cowboy your obviously highly trained in the art of rant,and there for should be considered a very worthy adversary ,obviously you have alot of fun with knobs and tweaking things,rant errrrrrrr :mad: thats it almost , in an ideal world we could all be as wonderful and may I say gifted in the art of tweaking and twiddeling knobs but who has the time , a perfect microsoft windows world we would all have the time , we would all be making our own computers ,hell we would all have our own os's with enourmous hard drives I say enourmous because I know these 2 words are probably causing you to get an erection now and your tinkering with your knobs , but just wonder If the tech expert has a life and if us mere mortals who need computers to do bills communicate and errr dare I say live the microsoft dream as we see in all the advertisments IE we've made it easier by listening to you! And loads of wonderfully interesting people who Have so much time because their computers function, without having to build their own , get the drift errrrr you have been bated, as have all of you so called tech experts,there has to be something wrong If go in to shop and buy a computer and then find out that you cannot uppgrade to another microft os because the install cannot find the partition, think about it and tell me I'm wrong, and I will rant about how support is the biggest con on the planet,errrrr now thats it

Last edited:
Umm nice rant, unfortunately that seems to be the case more with the "Off the shelf" PCs rather than custom built ones in my experience.

well he got me riled

errr Iam not ranting at just anybody and I am certainly not disrespecting anybody here, but as you say highway It seems that if you want too have a good computer then you have to make your own , but it was his attitude that got me and the support that you receive when you try to make something happen ,I mean they've got ya by the ballzzzzzzzzz, I feeel a rant coming on but I'm spent , I,ve discovered that my hard drive is kaput and I.m really tired of being rippred of ,I have a toshiba satalite thats old and it still works fine , but I gave it to my girlfriends son and he's got a girlfriend in brazil and he needs it to stay in touch (yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) these computers are starting to rule peoples lives what happened to the last 20 years errrrrrrr that could be it:eek: errrrm I have also dicovered that fujitsu and seimens have divoced and will never ever share the same bed again so there is no chance of getting anything from those tight btards I hope biggy feet is looking at this I'll say it again enourmous hard drives that should increase his knob twideling ha ha !by the by highwayman the mothercard is made by fujitsu siemens it's a F41 seriel number:5509622422 version 00030D00550103A6,and I've checked the hard drive and the fujitsu siemens hardware tool says everything is tickety boo which I do not uderstand because I keep getting CHKDSK after every boot and sometimes it says the disk is of ntfs type and sometimes it says it's of FAT type this is more exciting than star trek I'm sure biggy feet is having an ooooooooogasm by know

Last edited:
Back