Windows 7 RMClock Utility =/

Aceadam

Well i kinda need this program runnning as my laptop can overheat quite fast... Any Ideas?

Copy this file over the original in the RMClock folder, this has signed drivers. I had the same problem last night.

Ah right, that explains it then.....

The one I'm using probably hasn't got the signed driver(s), but works because I've disabled driver signing.

You can disable driver signing by pressing F8 at Boot and select the relevant option from the menu that comes up.

Ah right, that explains it then.....

The one I'm using probably hasn't got the signed driver(s), but works because I've disabled driver signing.

You can disable driver signing by pressing F8 at Boot and select the relevant option from the menu that comes up.

But dont you have to do that every restart?

Not sure to be honest. But what I do know is that I've restarted my system quite a few times now and not had to alter my boot time settings (via F8) at all. RMClock works just fine.

RMClock on Windows 7

Hi,

I use RMClock to get rid the "high pitched noise" of my laptop (HP DV5-1130ca). It was running quite smoothly on Vista SP1. I recently made a Windows 7 (32 bits) clean install. An I can't get rid of this noise anymore but RMClock is running correctly. Any Ideas?

To get rid of the noise I had to disable the x6 FID in the profile tab and then select "P-State transitions".

If temp is the issue, try CPUgenie

I note that Aceadam didn't reply whether he's running with RMClock. If not, and your goal is temp management, check out CPUgenie, which IMO is better at managing voltages and thus temperature than RMClock. They actually have a voltage test utility that runs a minimum of 14 hours to establish voltages for each P-state of your machine. Cons:

- My Win7 laptop rebooted periodically after a few days using CPUgenie. I suppose I could rerun the voltage utility, but I really want a better performance manager than what CPUgenie has.
- Not free (US$14.95) but a 30-day eval window

Back
Top Bottom