Windows 8 RP and dual boot XP

jimthom

I'm runnung windows 8 CP on a dual boot system with Windows XP. The dual boot menu was created by Windows 8 CP when I updated Windows 7 to Windows 8 CP.

I want to replace Windows 8 CP with Windows 8 RP, and did the the compatibility test for Apps and Hardware. The results of the test included that secure boot was incompatible with my hardware.

Does this mean I'll no longer be able to load Windows XP?

Thank you,

Jim Thom

I'm runnung windows 8 CP on a dual boot system with Windows XP. The dual boot menu was created by Windows 8 CP when I updated Windows 7 to Windows 8 CP.

I want to replace Windows 8 CP with Windows 8 RP, and did the the compatibility test for Apps and Hardware. The results of the test included that secure boot was incompatible with my hardware.

Does this mean I'll no longer be able to load Windows XP?

Thank you,

Jim Thom
Are you guys saying "Secure Boot" means an UEFI boot? Since most people do not use that, even if they have a UEFI bios, not really sure what the compatibility message means.

I have been running a UEFI system for over a year, but have not tried XP, since getting it to load with the AHCI controller is such a pain.

Back