Ryzen gaming rig.

thowans

Hey guys.
I'd like to upgrade a little my gaming rig. I have the next PC build^
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 (non X) with Corsair H110 GTx AIO water cooling.
MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMe m.2
PSU: Seasonic Focus 550 gold.
I am going to change my CPU to 2700X. I am doing an interior design with live rendering. It works like 24/7.
Do I need to move to X470 or I can stay on my X370?
The next thing is GPU. My friend sold me a new GPU, Quadro P5000 for quite a good price.
So do I need to change my PSU? I was looking at Corsair RMx 850x.
Any suggestions?

at that amount you may as well just make another system so one can do rendoring all the time without getting in the way of gaming

game rendoring = gpu
but design rendoring [Photoshop 3d etc] = cpu and ram... imo the 1700 with more ram will give you better bang for your buck than swapping in a 2700X

Not sure about that with the 10% IPC raise and higher sustained clock speeds with a 2700x with be most beneficial. The MSI gaming Pro X370 will be fine for the 2700x, just make sure you're on the latest bios.

Not sure about that with the 10% IPC raise and higher sustained clock speeds with a 2700x with be most beneficial. The MSI gaming Pro X370 will be fine for the 2700x, just make sure you're on the latest bios.
Thanks a lot. And what is for VRM? Does the X470 motherboards have better power system?

Some of them do, but any high end x370 will do
Well, yeah. I know. My MSI X370 has quite good temps on VRM zone. But, when the PC is fully loaded like 24/7 with really heavy rendering, the motherboard is pretty hot. So, I am wondering if X470 motherboards have better temps in such tasks.

Back
Top Bottom