Windows 7 Save Picture default subdirectory

MikeyChris

Extraordinary Member
Previous versions of Windows had a "sticky" default file "save as" subdirectory. e.g. when saving a group of photos from an email to a particular subdirectory you only had to point to that subdir in the first save. subsequent saves would by default go to that same subdir. In Win 7, everytime I do a "save as" for a picture (jpg, bmp, etc.) the default subdir is the PICTURE LIBRARY subdir. Is there a way to make Win7 remember the last subdir saved to so that you don't have to drill down through multiple subdir to get to the last subdir you accessed?
Thanx!

This solution involves changes to the registry so MAKE A BACKUP of your registry first! Also, create a restore point.

I have not tried this so I don't know if it will work for you but would be glad to know if it did. I found it out there on the Internet:

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ (and add) comdlg32\PlacesBar (comdlg32 will be under policies and placesbar will be under comdlg32). Then you will add place0, place1, place2, place3, place4. You can use DWORDS if you know the values or just add the place0-4 as string values. The "value name" should be place0, place1, place2, place3, place4 then double click on each entry and just add the location (F:\whatever) as the "value data".

Back
Top Bottom