Windows 7 Scheduled Task: Wake from sleep, run task and return to sleep. Possible?

doni49

I have a Win7 Ultrabook. I'm using Areca backup software to backup my personal data. I created a Scheduled Task to run my backup weekly.

I set it so that it would wake from sleep to run the task. But I'm having trouble finding a setting to tell it to return to sleep if it woke itself up. Is it possible to do so?

In the alternative, is there something I can insert in my batch file (the scheduled task runs a bat file) to tell my book to enter sleep mode?

TIA!

The easiest way to do this is to insert this snippet:
Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
at the end of your batch script.

Note that this will either make your computer sleep or hibernate, depending on whether your computer can hibernate or not. The full article on how to do this is at How to sleep computer via batch file? (Windows 7) - Super User.

The easiest way to do this is to insert this snippet:
Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
at the end of your batch script.

Note that this will either make your computer sleep or hibernate, depending on whether your computer can hibernate or not. The full article on how to do this is at How to sleep computer via batch file? (Windows 7) - Super User.

I had similar requirement before, the reference is very good.
thanks.

Back