Windows 10 Screen capture programs don't open

BlockBlazerMC

Im sorry if this topic does not entirely categorize here, but for some reason, screen capture programs don't fully open on my pc. Iv'e tried Mirillis Action!, and it gets stuck at its loading/splash screen, and OBS does not open at all, even though it is listed in my task manager. If anyone knows why this is occurring, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi

While I've found Fraps to be pretty useless in Windows 10, I have been able to use the built in app to record screen shots and video.

It has the same shortcomings as most MS apps, no way to set things like where it saves them etc.
As far as I know it won't record stereo video as Fraps would.

Mike

Apowersoft Screen Capture pro is what I've been using when I record anything on my laptop's screen. It works perfectly fine and is not lagging. By the way, I am using Windows 10 as well. Hope this will help you.

Depends on what you are trying to do. Video is not mentioned in your original post; we are extrapolating that you might be? For static captures; just use the good old PrintScreen button, which is still on most new desktop PC keyboards (and it's even on my fancy Corsair v40 gaming keyboard; and I'm not a Gamer, but my son is and gave it to me for my Bday last year). Some computers like laptops got rid of that button to save space on the keyboard layout, so you can use it with a Control key or Function key combo key and the PrtScn button which is often a shared button now on newer laptops. With this you can do Full-screen grabs and paste them into an MS Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher. You can also paste them into most browsers.;)

I've found several program I like to do a more controllable screen-shot grab such as Mike H. suggests. I really like Paint.net and GIMP; both of which are free, and run off the GNU public licensing. They allow you to do window-grabs, full-screen (like the PrtScn button), sizeable areas, etc. along with timed delay to be able to grab things like error messages which we do a lot with here with fixing broken computers as you can imagine!).
You can get paint.net here: https://www.getpaint.net/download.html
You can get GIMP here: GIMP - Downloads

Now if you are trying to grab video; that's a brain-buster even for us experts. I've yet to find a free video-recording app that does what I want; but then again I am not trying to grab 3TB worth of 18-hour online game play and archive or share it. Others here like Mike H. who fools around with video always (and I mean always!) provides excellent advice on that area.:thumbs_up:

Best of luck to you,
Hope this information proves useful to you.

<<BIGBEARJEDI>> :usa: :tribal: :lightbulb:

Original post in nearly a year old... Maybe the user found what they were looking for?

Oops! Good catch.;) Missed that.:redface: I was working of the new Posts coming in to the White Flag icon in upper right of my main page. I'll try to check that from now on. (what a noob-mistake!! Hah.).

BBJ

Back