Windows 10 Screen saver not coming up after DoD Banner is disabled.

liz08

Hello,

After windows 10 LTSB patch - Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16_095 - (KB3176492) , screen saver doesn't work, if dodbanner is disabled.

Note : screen saver being used is customized where in avi file is played after the screen saver time out.
Also there are no code level changes that would affect the screen saver performance.

Please let me know what were the changes incorporated in the above mentioned windows update that might have caused this issue.

Regards

Do you mean the DoD as in gov and why are you removing the banner? Pretty sure that's a STIG requirement.

Hello,

We have enabled a registry key to allow the user to show/hide the banner . As mentioned in my previous post, before the LTSB patch it was working as expected.

Have you confirmed this update is the real culprit? I would remove the update and verify it's the issue.

You may always want to test with a built-in screen saver to rule out the custom one.

Hello,

The issue was verified using the OEM prior to the LTSB update and after the LTSB update... The issue is not reproducible in the old OEM..

Hello,

I would like to know if screen saver is dependent on DoD banner.

A logon banner shouldn't have anything to do with the screen saver. If the screen saver was built in-house it's certainly possible it's looking to see if the banner is enabled. A screen saver is a program so it can do validation of anything a regular program can.

Back
Top Bottom