Windows 7 SD Card Driver

saketh321

Hi,
I have been testing out the beta since the release date. Recently i formatted my computer and decided to download the latest RC and test that to see what sort of differences have been made. When i initially installed the beta i just did a upgrade from my Vista and everything worked like a charm. Now though i am having problems with the SD card reader. My laptop is a A100-TA9 and i have tried the drivers from Toshiba, yet it doesn't seem to be working. I checked my device manager and there is a driver missing for "Mass Storage Controller"

So now i am wondering if any of you know why this is happening while it did not happen in before (i mean i know the drivers from vista were carried across but I installed the driver from Toshiba's website). Is it because the driver i installed was wrong?

Thanks

Dell Multi Media Card reader with intergrated bluetooth module (CAB-200)

Hello. Can anyone help me with this issue. I have a Dell multi Media card reader with intergrated bluetooth module (CAB-200) installed in my computer. with windows 7Rc and it was not working at all. Bluetooth devices was not showing up in the control panel either. I tried everything to get this problem solved and noting. the only way was to reinstall vista and the problem was solved. Found drives and everything is working again. the problem here is that i would of loved it to be windows 7 RC with the working drives for I really enjoyed using windows 7. Can anyone help me so I can go back to windows 7 Thanks

saketh321

Hello and welcome.

Windows 7 should have installed a generic Mass Storage Controller driver by default.
Did you check Device Manager for any yellow flags before you tried this "new" driver?
I'm presently trying to answer the very same question regarding a SD card reader.
I believe I've seen otter threads on this and I'm quite sure it will be corrected when the final version hits the streets.

manuel,
Again, I have heard some issues regarding Bluetooth devices as well.
Try downloading BluetoothView v1.25 to see if it locates the device. please look over the usage and help file here:
http://nirsoft.net/utils/bluetooth_viewer.html
Also look in Device Manger for any yellow flags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back