Windows 7 Select Full-range Speakers' option in windows 7

seahawk789

I use Windows 7 OS and I have a Creative 2.1 speakers. When I click on the configure option in my Playback devices I see an option 'Select Full-range Speakers' and under that a check box against "Front left and right". What difference will it make if I check it? Is it advisable to check it for 2.1 speakers.
Please help me!

Last edited:
I use Windows 7 OS and I have a Creative 2.1 speakers. When I click on the configure option in my Playback devices I see an option 'Select Full-range Speakers' and under that a check box against "Front left and right". What difference will it make if I check it? Is it advisable to check it for 2.1 speakers.
Please help me!

I am attaching a screen shot from where we can configure this.
Image.jpg

That basically means that both speakers will be doing full range output.
If it's a surround sound system, all speakers will do full range.
Just Microsoft's sloppy way of doing things.

Yeah, I notice (I guess for the simple fact that they're smaller) that it really only makes a difference on small, non-full range speakers.

Asking you if you have full range speakers is just a way of determinine where to send the audio, which is about what was mentioned. If you have a woofer and then state you have full range speakers, instead of using the woofer to reproduce the bass frequencies, it may try to use the desktop ones. Do you happen to know the frequency ranges of the different speakers?

What you hear depends on what your are playing and the settings for however you have the system set up. The bottom line is whatever sounds best to you is the best choice.

Back
Top Bottom