Server 2012R2 RDS All on one VM

Metria

I know, it's not the suggested way of doing things but it has worked for years. I have an 2012R2 Standard with RDS, and Domain Contoller all in one. It has worked for years. I changed ISP's, and moved it to a new static address, tried the original and have tried restoring several backups. They all work except for one thing, I cannot get RDS Services to work anymore. The error I get is "The Romote Desktop Connection Broker Server could not ennumerate the targets for the provider named NULL from the database Pooled virtual desktop collection name: NULL Error: Logon to the database failed. I have searched all of google, to fin an answer, and nothing I have found has helped. Have just finished installing SQL Server Managment 2012, and am going to try some of those solutions, but any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated. I do not even use virtual desktop function. Only Remote Desktop.

I would look in the application log for authentication failures to the WID database that RDS uses. You can log into the WID database with SQL management studio and see if it's in a pending recovery or otherwise failed state. I believe there are methods for repairing a WID or if it is in a recovery state you should be able to bring it back to a healthy state although I've never had to do so.

I am loading 2012 SQL Managment now. No idea how to use it, going to be a learning curve. Hopefully you can help me with it if I have problems once I get it running?

Ok So I loaded SQL Found no Nulls, Tried as suggested to add "Network Service" to the security tab, but I get this :
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Create failed for Login 'WIL01\NETWORK SERVICE'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: Microsoft - Official Home Page

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Windows NT user or group 'WIL01\NETWORK SERVICE' not found. Check the name again. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15401)

For help, click: Microsoft - Official Home Page

Any ideas? Is this a hint?

BUTTONS:

OK

oops ignore above that was a wrong paste. This is what some folks say to do, but I do not understand how to add it. "You will need to Manually add your RDS Server into the MEMBER OF tab "Windows Authorization Access Group" in Active Directory Users and Computers." How would I add this?

No help? I have been at this for 24 hours straight have to be done by monday morning. Any Ideas>?

That means add that computer account to that group "Windows Authorization Access"

Back