Setting Gmail as my default mail in Windows 10

Hi I'm having a problem with emailing photos to friends when I right click on a photo in my pictures folder I open the option of sending an email. It appears to send then it I get an error saying there is no email program associated to perform this requested action. I have set google chrome as my default mail program under settings why do I keep getting this message. I don't know how to make it recognize Gmail as my default.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
It has to be associated to an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird. You won't be able to send an email through a browser that way.

thank you, II downloaded Thunderbird and it worked. I had no idea that's why I couldn't get it to work.

Axel PC

Couldn't she set up Windows Mail with Gmail and the right click send work that way?

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Probably, the point is an actual mail client is required. I've always used Office since I get it for next to nothing. I think I bought Office 2016 Pro, Visio 2016 Pro and Project 2016 Pro for $30 total through work. :)

Axel PC

Wow, that is a great deal. I get the $99 a year one. Works great for me because of the 5 person license but $30 is definitely better!

Do you use Outlook to send/receive from all your email accounts.? That's something I've been considering. It'd be nice to not have to log into different web pages for email.

Windows 10 built-in Mail App, for all my mails including Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo and Office 365 work mail. It's clean and it works well.

Axel PC

Too bad Microsoft doesn't mail a Mail app for Android and iOS. That minimal look is very nice.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.