Windows Vista Settings up wireless internet / WiFi

Windey

Hi, I have very limited knowledge of routers and wireless / WiFi setups, so if someone could tell me how to set a secure wireless network up, it would be very appreciated.

Main issue, I got a router from my dad, I have a desktop and a PS3, I want my PS3 to connect to my routers wireless internet.

How do i setup the wireless internet so it's secure, no one else can just snag onto it, I set it up so it has a password right now, but my PS3 will not connect to it. But truely I'm not even sure I did it right, I went to some web address which asked me to login to the routers account thingy, I used the default Admin / Admin password and account name. I then changed the password so its Admin / ***************** .

IF anyone can walk me through the full steps so I can redo it properly would be great.

I have a linksys router, model BEFW11S4.

Right now I have been using my PS3 and computer on the same monitor, I got it so they can both be running and i just change a few settings to switch between the 2. But I've been getting weird sounds if I go into PS3 when the comp is on, so I have to work through that. But I can easily just put a ethernet cable into the PS3, and have both connected through wired internet, but then my router is still transmitting wireless internet, thus still needing to secure the network so no one can leech it and/or get into my personal stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks.

Back