Setup has detected that xxx USB Display is currently running.

Dan2855

I tried to uninstall a USB to HDMI adapter to reinstall it because it was not working correctly. I recieved the message above. I disabled it and tried again to uninstall it. Same result. I removed the program using regedit. Same result. I know the adapter works correctly as I tested it on another machine. What do I try next?

The computer in question is a HP Elitebook running Windows 10.

HyperSonic1

You may have some old conflicting USB devices still in the registry or blocking resources. To view and remove them, go to Device Manager --> Show Hidden devices

Look for devices no longer connected or duplicate entries. You can safely remove pretty much any of them because the ones still connected will be reinstalled automatically or when you reboot.

cova

Thanks. I have resolved the problem with the comminities help.
I have just bought the same adaptor, my computer recognises it, but nothing is actually happening.
Did you get yours working? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

chrisco17

You may have some old conflicting USB devices still in the registry or blocking resources. To view and remove them, go to Device Manager --> Show Hidden devices

Look for devices no longer connected or duplicate entries. You can safely remove pretty much any of them because the ones still connected will be reinstalled automatically or when you reboot.
Any other ideas? I tried this to no avail. I'm having the same problem Cova is having. It's there and running, but nothing from the monitor that it's hooked up to.