Windows 7 Setup was unable to create a new system partition - I can not create partition

thrall

Hello guys,'ve looked for everything that google and not found my solution.

Is giving the following error when trying to install windows 7 in HD:
"setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition"

I've tried to do some procedures, but also can not create partition, do not know what else to do.

I've tried also to give a "clean" and nothing also, can someone help me?

Thanks!!!

You might get a message like that if you were trying to use a UEFI install on a MBR configured drive or vice versa.

If you already had four primary partitions, it may not be able to create one.

Can you describe exactly what you are doing, and the history of the Drive, to include its current configuration?

I took eight of a customer's hd to format, and all are the same brand and model, only that this same problem in all hds.

You might get a message like that if you were trying to use a UEFI install on a MBR configured drive or vice versa.

If you already had four primary partitions, it may not be able to create one.

Can you describe exactly what you are doing, and the history of the Drive, to include its current configuration?

I like to use Diskpart to clean the drives. It takes them back to a RAW state, and should remove most problems.

If you don't know how, use an Admin command prompt and type Diskpart, then let it start. Then List Disk to see which drive you want to clean. If the drive you want is listed as Drive 0, type Select Disk 0 then use clean to wipe the drive.

If Diskpart shows the list of drives with asterisks on the left, they are GPT configured drives.

There are other utilities that would be more secure as far as Data deletion, but Diskpart should help.

During an install, you can also do this by using the Shift+F10 key combination on any of the first three install pages. You might want to click the Refresh button to make sure the drive is being read correctly.

Back