Windows 7 Setup will only run in administrator mode. setup is aborting

john doe

When I try to install some programs and drivers i get error: 'Setup will only run in administrator mode. setup is aborting.'. I only have one account which has administrator rights. I have already tried to enable and disable UAC, booting in safe mode, run as administrator, enabling original administrator account, adding permissions, taking ownership, changing compability mode and other but nothig is solving my problem. I'm running windows 7 x64 build 7000. Sorry for my english. Please help me.

Interesting problem you have here. Have you tried to log into the hidden administrator account and see if that fixes the problem? Have you tried to boot to safe mode and try to install from there? Otherwise the only thing i can think of is that it is a software issue.

Interesting problem you have here. Have you tried to log into the hidden administrator account and see if that fixes the problem? Have you tried to boot to safe mode and try to install from there? Otherwise the only thing i can think of is that it is a software issue.

i have already tried both solutions, no it is not software issue because it is showing on at least 5 different softwares.

Exactly same thing is happening to me. I've tried everything that I could think of, and yet, as soon at the installshield finishes it comes up... I'm slowly but surely starting to loathe Windows 7 because of these constant admin popups even though I have admin rights.

FIGURED IT OUT! If you are trying to adjust the resolution, try this.

So here is what I have done.
- Download x64.zip file from ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/VGA/ATI/RageXL/x64.zip
- Run/Expand the zip to same directory
- DO NOT run the setup file or you will get the error message,
"Setup will only run in Administrator mode. Setup is aborting"
- Launch Device Mgr
- Expand the Video Driver and update Standard Video Drive. Point to directory x64.
- The server will need to reboot
- Display settings can be raised from 1024x786(16bit) to 1280x1024(32bit)
Note: 1600x1200 (16bit) is available but does not work on mine. If you set it to this setting and the video does not come back, connect up a higher resolution monitor and set it back.

Back